Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

"The Memory Keeper's Daughter' doesn't interest me today. I have a splitting head ache after months ... Moments of that historic day keep flashing often. I was glued to TV for staright 12 hours, I recall ... Inauguration of Barack Obama - the 44th president of the United States and first ever African-American leader. A real long day with never ending moments of hope and faith. Very inspirational.

I call my mom out of boredom and find her all excited with the event she is hosting at her place. Says the colony members have decided to celebrate the Republic Day one day in advance. There is a gathering of around forty members and I hear lot of voices in the background - she says they are all engaged in preparing a meal for lunch and later will play games. I take leave of her assuring to talk to her once she is done with her guests and celebrations. Very Busy.

I refrained from watching a movie tonight. The bed beckons me. My mind slows down. Its been acting a little cranky for having had a few sleepless nights in a row. Blame it on my late night movie watching weekends. I need a discipline here I say to myself. Its time to call it a night. Very sleepy.

-Manasi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write a blog and publish this late past midnight and expect to bring discipline back.
'Early to bed and early to raise makes Sonu healthy, wealthy and wise'
Sleep early girl!