Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Are you aware?

Someone said ninety percent of who you are is invisible and untouchable. These days I find myself watching every single thought crossing my mind. Yes, I feel I am trying to make a conscious effort as to what is eligible for entry and what is forced to exit. I’ve come to realize one thing so far and that is, we are what we think!
And what we think usually has no definite parameters or boundaries. Millions of thoughts just keep hovering across and we eventually allow these thoughts to rule over us and take control of our being.
Whether one realizes or not we are all entangled in the ocean of thoughts most of the time. If I am speaking or listening to someone I am thinking. If I am reading the newspaper or watching television I am thinking. I am thinking when I recall memories from my past, I am thinking, when I am considering something in the future I am thinking, when I am riding I am thinking, when I am driven I am thinking, when I am cooking I am thinking, when I am working I am thinking. For most of me, the only time I am not thinking is when I am asleep I guess, however the forces are still operating on my last thoughts as I fall asleep.
Thoughts…. good or bad…the thing is you think! I mean you let yourself think anything and everything that’s dispensable. What is the reason for these unwanted, unnecessary and good for nothing thoughts to come and demand a space in my life….and that too a forceful one. Why is it an ordeal to deal with such nuisance happening every moment?
Probably one thing which I feel could control this superfluous ness could be being aware of my thoughts! To help myself become aware of my thoughts, I would remember to remember and wait for a gentle nudge from the universe to bring me back to the present whenever my mind is taken over and is having a party at my expense. A gentle nudge could take the form of I getting bumped myself or dropping something or some loud noise far off or a siren or a beckon. All of these things act as signals to me that my mind has taken off and I got to come back to the present. When I receive these signals I stop immediately and ask myself, “What am I thinking? What am I feeling? Am I aware?” And of course the moment I do that, I am aware. The very moment you ask yourself if you are aware, you are there. You are aware. And this awareness could be harnessed to think right and positive thoughts each time.
"all your power is in your awareness of that power and through power in your consciousness"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great blog.. I agree.. Mind free of thought is a space where miracle of awareness dances to create a happiness of lifetime.