Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

If the Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Mine!

I can never be called a mobile phone person...for one, I don't have lots of people calling on me and two, I was never attracted to these electronic gadgets.

Lately I was toying with the idea of treating myself with a fancy piece as my phone had started to behave a little strange! ( its become a bit crazy these days!) It shows missed calls but I would not have heard it ringing at all! Thanks to my usage... Its still alive and is definitely working as opposed to a few who always are behind me to go for a new one!

Finally thought of looking out for a good piece. This inkling I developed looking at today's younger lot here, showing off their fancy phones which look very chic and cool. When ever I saw these guys playing, clicking snapshots and having fun chat about their phones I had a strong want of owning one myself too! A teenager apparently is never too tired to hold a phone! The ads on the television with two big stars of bollywood endorsing two rival brands catch my attention every time I see them. I am fascinated by Hrithik's hot jig in the latest ad for Sony Ericsson W200i (The Thump ... is here). Abhishek Bachchan's MOTOROKR E6 ad is weirdly funny..... but the crowd swears by the phone.

Mobile or cellular phones have changed dramatically over the past two or three years. The generation today is so very obsessed with their phones..... Crazy ring tones... Vast music downloads...MP3 players and the camera phones all make it such an enticing device after all... The new generation of WAP phones now allow the user to connect to the Internet, send e-mail, have integrated GPS and GSM and even listen to the radio....lot more stuff to add on to this which I'm unaware of. Someone sometime back was also referring to these I-phones in India which are picking up slowly and are now every mobile phone freak's dream to own one.

The other day I was browsing the Nokia N series phones and was just curious to know whether my phone was listed out.... and boy! could I find it... No!!... I guess it has already become obsolete in India. The complete collection on the Nokia India website never showed my model, which I suppose is as sturdy and shock absorbing as possible (you know why!) Beneath the compact body lies a multitude of features like a color screen, Tri-band compatibility, cheerful screen savers and couple of games. I guess I am real happy with the one I am carrying at present.... coz choosing another piece from a sea of phones is an ordeal ... Technology is moving crazy forcing all the choicest features and integrating the same into one small device!

For the many who wanted and influenced me to go for a change.... Let's live with what I have ... and that's Nokia 3120!

-Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an impressive post but an unfair justification not to buy a phone.. get a phone soon!!