Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Annual Volunteer Recognition Luncheon

I just came home from a lovely Annual Volunteer Recognition Luncheon hosted at Inglewood Golf Club honoring the individuals who dedicate themselves to taking action and solving problems in their communities. The theme for National Volunteer Week 2009, commemorated April 19-25, is "Celebrating People in Action" in America and am glad I am one amongst the Evergreen Family today (though I have only completed my third week). It was great to meet so many volunteers today at the luncheon who give so much and give to so many in their own little ways, who are loyal, sincere and full of good cheer, who notably contribute to make a difference in people's lives everyday and duly get recognized for their outstanding invaluable deeds and their untiring selfless efforts.
It was nice to know all the good work being done for the patients and the community around.
I had a good time!

No comments: