Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Evergreen Healthcare

Everybody wants to do so many things in their lives and I am no different. I want to do so many things myself but always failed to make a start. The start. The start so very important to a story – anyone’s story which could shape into a life worth striving and living.

Recently, I have joined a volunteer program in Evergreen Healthcare and boy I am so glad I am doing something – some real good thing! I make it there every Tuesday and give my modest four hours and today was my second contented Tuesday. Volunteers in all shapes and sizes, at all ages young (students in school) and old (approaching nineties), color, creed and nationalities provide help in many different areas of the hospital, which helps the staff extend the quality of care to all patients. Working together to enrich the health and well being of every life we touch. A hospital has a story to tell.

Every individual associated with the hospital life would have seen and learnt the basic lesson of life - Life is precious and lived only once and we have got to value and respect it all the more. The time and moments spent there are becoming very dear to me and am enjoying the experience of meeting myriad people from all walks of life.


-Manasi

1 comment:

Rohit said...

I am so proud of you for your contributions.