Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

The Five Things I Don’t Want To Simplify

Though we all want to simplify daily aspects of our lives and are in constant pursuit of the same in this complex anatomy of the world - life’s innumerable complexities ruling heavy on each of us, there could be a few things that were better, superior and preferable if remained complex. Simplicity, though vouched as the ultimate sophistication today, let me list out five things in my life which rather remained complex than simple!

1. Ice creams: I love ice creams… life’s simplest pleasure. It would be boring if they are plain, simple and vanilla. I have my ice cream made as complex as possible representing ‘my creation’ – with hundred different mix-ins available and make it an ultimate ice cream experience each time!

2. Stories for movies and books: Good, thrilling and engrossing plots that really make me think, ponder, unravel the mysteries. The characters actually follow me everywhere for days, long after I’m even done with reading or watching them.

3. Indian food: The delectable recipes of Indian cooking are very complicated and add to their richness and delight. I love the very fancy and elaborate Moghulai Biryanis, Tandoori cuisines, Maharashtrian Puran Polis and not to mention the variety of finger licking South Indian pickles. The complexity of Indian cuisines adds to the magic that works wonders on the palate.

4. People: They say ‘a hundred men together are the hundredth part of a man.’ A human being by nature is so complex and contradictory that it would be so uninteresting if everyone around were the same and stereotype of the other.

5. Hiking: The complex the better I guess. They help push me to a new level each time. They are more fun, challenging and rewarding when complex.

-Manasi

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter. - Walt Disney

1 comment:

Cyril said...

This is something I call out of the box thinking. I tried to think hard what 5 things I would not want to be simplified and beleive me I did not come up with even one. I want everything simplified.