Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Kabhi Kabhi ...

After a very long time I was listening to this old favorite of mine... and every time I listen to this I feel the soulful pain in the moment and the pensive mood that's created with every line of this piece ... uttered in mountainous voice of Amitabh Bachchan.

Kabhi kabhi mere dil main khayal aata hain...
(Every now and then a thought crosses my mind)

Ki zindagi teri zulfon ki narm chhaon main guzarne pati
Toh shadab ho bhi sakti thi...
(That life, if spent, beneath the warmth of your tresses,
Might have been tolerable and pleasant)

Yeh ranj-o-gham ki siyahi jo dil pe chhayi hain,
Teri nazar ki shuaon main kho bhi sakti thi...
(This ink-like darkness of angst which is eclipsing my heart,
Might have been lost under the shadows of your vision)

Magar yeh ho na saka aur abh yeh aalam hain
Ki tu nahin, tera gham teri justjoo bhi nahin...
(But this could not be, and now such is the situation
That neither you, nor your sorrow , not even the desire of you is left)

Guzar rahi hain kuch iss tarah zindagi jaise,
Isse kisi ke sahare ki aarzoo bhi nahin...
(Life is passing by in such a manner that,
It doesnt even aspire for anyones support)

Na koi raah, na manzil, na roshni ka suraag
Bhatak rahi hai andheron main zindagi meri...
(There is no direction, nor a purpose, not even a trace of hope
Drifting away in a pathway of darkness, Such is my life)

Inhi andheron main reh jaoonga kabhi kho kar
Main janta hoon meri hum-nafas, magar yoonhi
Kabhi kabhi mere dil main khayal aata hai...
Kabhi kabhi mere dil main khayal aata hai...
(In this darkness I will remain lost
I’m well aware of that, my companion, but still
Every now and then a thought crosses my mind)

-Manasi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Explained!