Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How Many More Miles To Go!


To think of the bygone... since the time the doctor got me out of my mom's body in the hospital in the city Pune, state of Maharashtra of my country India on this planet earth on the fifteenth day of the month of January in the year 1977, till date life has been on a constant move, never did it stop a second. It did have some speed of sorts and is still going on. Life with its eventful journey with the journey called life itself!
I was just wondering how far have I travelled life and how many miles did I cover since I was born. Is there any quantitative measurement which figures out the number of miles one has travelled since the time one has set foot on this earth. I mean you can calculate the amount of time lapsed till date since then like, these many years, this many months, number of days, total hours and then zero down to a millisecond's precision till your last breath here and now... but what with the distance? The concept of time and space is still under scrutiny, being philosophical and scientific at the same time - and with these two dimensions we relate the things around us.
A little trivia here: Most people aren’t aware that they are travelling through space faster than a speeding bullet. Each day you move 24,000 thousand miles even if you are standing still but that’s nothing compared to how far you move in space around the Sun each year - over 500 million miles !!!
To summarize, we know and can quantify the time passed through the sail of our life to date but do we ever know how long we have travelled in the realm of space since our journey through the womb!?! Also what stupefies me is, I wasn't at rest even in my mom's womb. I moved as she moved...I travelled as she travelled in all those precious and protected nine months too! How many miles have I travelled since then...How many miles have I travelled so far...and how many more miles to go...
...The journey continues!
-Manasi
You won't realize the distance you've travelled until you take a look around and realize how far you've been - Anonymous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a delightful thought you have poured here.. this reminds me of

Chal akela.. chal akela.. chal akela...tera mela peche chutha rahi chal akela... hazaron meel lambe raaste tuj ko bulathe...