Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Guess What?

Guess what? My ex-mobile is not my ex anymore!

It's revived - Yes...It has come back to life! I am so happy today.

I totally had lost hopes on my mobile when it went in my denim's pocket along with a bunch of other clothes and churned happily in my sister's washing machine for a while before I realized its missing and then found it all washed up in the machine - on August 4th in Chicago - about the time when mom and dad had to leave for airport to fly back to India.

The gadget went through natural emergency treatments like:
-wiped it with a dry cloth to get rid of the excess water
-avoided to power up the gadget
-removed the battery and the card
-left it to air dry for 24 hours on the window sill
-used a hair dryer to dry the wet gadget the next day
-sun drying for a week after that

I tried all the possibilities of getting it back to life. I went to the mobile stores like AT&T, T-Mobile and Best Buy asking for help - to figure out whether the problem was with the phone or was it with the battery. What does it take to turn it on? I asked them to try the battery in their new phone and also tried their fresh battery into my phone. The phone either way did not turn on. They were of no help – they had no clue whatsoever. They said it was irreparable and even if I went for a repair it would cost me a fortune. It was disheartening. I left it at that. I made up my mind on getting the mobile repaired in India as anything and everything can be repaired in my country except for broken hearts.

This gadget always remained lifeless in my bed side drawer since then and I remember trying to bring it back to life by powering it up a couple of times as and when it caught my eye. Each time waited optimistically for that momentary spark which claimed– I’m back to life – I’ve started again! But nothing happened.

And today while I was fishing for something in my drawer I find my phone lying there. I take and hook it up to the charger … just in case … and leave to fetch something … And when I’m back … what do I see … Ooh La La! Its back to life … It’s getting charged … after almost six months! You should have seen the spark on my face!

After a few hours - when I check on it - God! It’s just getting charged endlessly… I have to really take it to India :( I was glad when it came alive … back in my life … and now I realize it’s not restituted … Sad! Sigh!!

-Manasi

behka... main behka...

No comments: