Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Missing Keys!

Kudos to a police officer from Miami Police Department who found us our missing keys to the rental car hired to drive during our trip to Miami and Key West. It was almost after nine o' clock at night when we were coming back from the Bayside Marketplace that we realised that we had dropped the keys somewhere along the Bayside Miami and could not figure out where. After a frantic search in the moon lit night on the twenty minute walk back to the market place again we lost hope of finding them. We then called up the car rentals for their help, but in vain. They said the insurance doesn't cover the lost keys. They in turn asked us to call up the lock smith by furnishing some numbers. Tried calling them for help. Nothing turned out. Nothing happened. Nothing helped. It was getting very chilly as the night progressed and the tension was obvious. We had our belongings in the car and were figuring out the worst possible case that could befall that night in a new place like Miami. Hovered near the car for a long time making phone calls to people from the parking lot where the car was parked at the Intercontinental Miami right in the downtown. And just then we saw a Police Officer beeping the car keys and trying to figure out a stranded car. I ran towards him - who finally found the keys to our car. God! we were so relieved to see them. He said it was a gentleman who found the keys lying at the park and got them to him and he then was going through each and every parking lot in the downtown area looking for the car before he finally found us. We thanked him a ton for being an angel - blessed the guy who found them and responsibly handed them over to the police. All this happened at the bayside - an area prone to crooks, looking for such opportunities - who might have misused and played with them if they had found them. Anyways...All's Well That Ends Well. We had a peaceful sleep that night.

I am just back from Florida which was very pleasant, warm and nice and its snowing like crazy here... Kirkland looks all white now with several inches of snow piled up. The temperatures are subzero and the cold is unbearable - what a dramatic change in the weather condition from where I had been, to where I am right now. And I must say I'm already going through some kinda missing syndrome. I have an emormous hangover of the great vacation we just had in Miami and Key West and I loved everything about my trip. There were so many things that happened to be the 'first time in life' for me on this trip to Key West.
- tandem parasailing trip - twice
- snorkeling adventure
- jumped into the middle of the ocean to swim to the waverunner/jet ski and ride it
- went on the banana boat - fell in the the middle of the ocean - an adventure by itself
- went on a sunset cruise for a spectacular sunset celebration
- playing in the waters of the ocean to my heart's content












Could this be more pleasurable...I'm urged to unlock my heart's lock with Florida Keys... I loved the Keys... I loved Key West. I miss them dearly.

Ever absent, ever near;
Still I see thee, still I hear;
Yet I cannot reach thee, dear!

More about my trip in my next post.

-Manasi

No comments: